The fabric is from Ikea. It’s actually from a 26×26 inch pillow cover. The front side was the white and the back side was the gray. Originally, I wanted to keep the circular pattern of the white in tact, but obviously, that would make my butt or front side look huuuuge. So, with some thought, we modified the pattern so I could put each fabric on the side instead of the front or back.
Since I didn’t have extra fabric to “line up” the patterns, I used a white ribbon to break up the pattern of the circle. So now it looks like it really does fit right. Ah, the joys of optical illusions.
Instead of doing a facing, I made a purple liner, since I needed one anyway for the typical sheerness of white fabric. Worked out well. Of course, this caused some problems towards the end when I realized I needed to sew on a side ribbon for the circle. I had rip open a seam so I could get the needle to the ribbon. Too bad sewing machines don’t sew horizontally.
And I’m STILL having issues with drafting. I ended up taking off a couple inches from my original pattern to get it to fit at my hip the way I like. I guess my next skirt will be based on a trace instead. Gotta try new things!
Overall, I’m happy with this one. It’s unique and I put a lot of arithmetic power into it! Fractions at that!